Six Sigma Maturity Assessment
Six Sigma is a data-driven process improvement approach that supports continual improvement. It is business output-driven in relation to customer specifications. The objective is to implement a measurement-oriented strategy focused on process improvement and defects reduction. Six Sigma focuses on dramatically reducing process variation using statistical process control (SPC) measures.
Identifying process quality challenges within any organization is tough, especially if it is your own environment where the examination needs to occur, because you and your team have looked at everything already, right? Well, maybe not. This is the advantage of employing an external Six Sigma assessor to help look at the organization from an unbiased perspective. We have the experience and mastery needed to help uncover areas of opportunity for improvements that others would not have considered. More than that, we can work with you to help develop your own Six Sigma program into a high-performing asset that your organization values and embraces.
Tailored results from the maturity assessment are delivered that align with your organization’s desired business objectives. A detailed report that clearly denotes:
- The current state of Six Sigma within the organization,
- A comprehensive gap analysis between the current state and the desired future state, and
- A detailed set of recommendations for improving the Six Sigma capabilities of the organization, including:
- A roadmap of short, mid, and long term activities that allows for quick wins to be demonstrated and immediate value to be realized from the investment,
- An organizational change readiness set of findings that helps direct the improvement initiative to better promote cultural transformation, and
- An evaluation of the cultural, technical, and human resources foundations that may be leveraged (or act as barriers) to successful implementation or improvement initiatives within your organization.
External assessment findings are more readily accepted by organizations as the lack of bias by a qualified and experienced assessor helps managers and executives focus on having an informed dialogue about the opportunities and the potential cost-benefits of investing in Six Sigma (and the prospective detriments of not doing so). Initial program activities will receive an enhanced level of invigoration, from both the bottom-up and the top-down, which will help your organization realize its original program intentions of cost reductions, shorter cycle times, greater employee productivity and satisfaction, and increased profit margins.
The Project Strategy Consulting Group’s consultants are exceptionally well-versed and certified in a variety of quality improvement mechanisms and can tailor the assessment to address lean manufacturing, lean six sigma, Kaizen, and other variants.