Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Assessment
Information technology is an essential component and a strategic asset of virtually every business and organization today. Business success increasingly relies on IT and on the IT services that underpin essential business processes. Good IT service management is essential in delivering business value, and increases in importance as IT continues to pervade every aspect of business and of life in general. IT service management is all about delivering business value from IT. In summary:
- IT service management is the professional practice of identifying, planning, designing, developing, delivering, and optimizing IT services that are both fit for purpose and fit for use, thereby providing value for the organization that uses them.
- IT service management is also a specialized discipline, which includes the processes, methods, activities, functions, roles and competencies that a service provider needs in order to deliver value-enhancing IT services to its customers.
- IT service management has become a growing profession of experts, with the skills, knowledge and commitment to deliver high- quality IT services that provide measurable value for businesses.
ITIL is the most widely adopted guidance for IT service management across the globe. It can be adopted and adapted for use in all business and organizational environments. ITIL is equally relevant to any size or type of organization: small, medium or large; local or multinational; public sector, private sector, or not-for-profit. The Project Strategy Consulting Group leverages the official ITIL Maturity Model to help its clients understand the strengths and areas of opportunity for improving its IT service management practices.
Organizations gain a thorough, comprehensive understanding of the maturity of their processes and functions, to one decimal place on the official ITIL Maturity Model benchmarking scale. Additionally, you gain:
- A detailed breakdown of what your score means, including a description of your maturity level, the characteristics of that maturity level, and how to improve your score,
- The ability to save your results as a baseline and track your improvement over time, and
- The benchmarking facility to compare your score against other organizations according to region, industry, size, and other characteristics.
The Project Strategy Consulting Group only uses the official ITIL Maturity Model for its assessments, not an in-house-developed variant or third-party model. The official ITIL model provides a thorough level of rigor and allows for benchmarking against a global database of practices that others ITSM models cannot begin to approach.