The Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM) Assessment
eTOM is a business process framework and a critical component of Frameworx, the blueprint for enabling successful business transformation. It is a comprehensive, industry-agreed, multi-layered view of the key business processes required to run an efficient, effective and agile enterprise. It is a hierarchical catalog of the key business processes required to run a service-focused business. At the conceptual level, the framework has three major process areas, reflecting focal points within typical enterprises:
- Strategy, Infrastructure, and Product
- Enterprise Management
Companies who certify their products and solutions can quickly and easily demonstrate how they meet mandated conformance requirements to Framworx protocols. If you are a supplier, you may want to see how well your products and solutions align to the business process and information models found in Frameworx. Receive a detailed certification report that verifies your level of conformance. If you are a service provider, you may want to gain a better understanding of how fully the standards and best practices in Frameworx have been adopted inside your organization.
- Insight into where and to what degree you have successfully adopted the eTOM (Business Process Framework) and SID (Information Framework).
- A detailed report that reduces the time, costs and risks associated with procurement and integration of Frameworx conformant products and solutions.
- An independent and unbiased verification and certification of your level of conformance provided by TM Forum – a known and trusted non-profit third party partner.
- Use of TeleManagement Forum’s certification mark which demonstrates your commitment to the industry best practices and standards found in Frameworx – both internally and externally.
Organizations employing an eTOM assessment will also realize the following:
- A common language for use across departments, systems, external partners and suppliers, reducing cost and risk of system implementation, integration and procurement
- Adoption of a standard structure, terminology and classification scheme for business processes to simplify internal operations and maximize opportunities to partner within and across industries
- Application of disciplined and consistent business process development enterprise-wide, allowing for cross-organizational reuse
- The ability to understand, design, develop and manage IT applications in terms of business process requirements so applications will better meet business needs
- Creation of consistent and high-quality end-to-end process flows, eliminating gaps and duplications
- Identification of opportunities for cost and performance improvement through re-use of existing processes and systems